The last couple of weeks, since launching Ada Lovelace Day, has been bonkers. I originally worried that we wouldn’t find enough people to sign the pledge, but it took just seven days to get 1000 signatories and we now stand at 1183. That’s fabulous, but we’ve got 62 days left before the pledge completes. Surely we can find another few thousand people willing to sign up?
I want to make a really big splash on 24th March, so even though the pledge target has been met, let’s keep on spreading the word and recruiting new bloggers, podcasters, video bloggers, Seesmicer, Twitterers and, hey, even journalists!
Here are a few things you might like to do:
- Blog about Ada Lovelace Day: Dozens, possibly hundreds, of people have already written about Ada Lovelace Day, for which I’m very grateful. But if you haven’t yet mentioned it, please do.
- Put the pledge badge on your blog.
- Tell your friends. If you know someone who might be interested, let them know!
- Tell your local media outlets. Can’t hurt to try and get a bit of press, can it?
- Invite your Facebook network. There’s an event page on Facebook, but we also need people to sign the pledge as well.
- Go crazy mad with the social bookmarking: Digg it, Reddit, Delicious it, just get it out there.
- Twitter a link: Let’s have a big push on Twitter to get the word out to our communities!
How else can we spread the word? Let me know in the comments, and let’s get as many people as possible to join us all on Ada Lovelace Day.