Ada Lovelace Day Live! 2017
Our flagship ‘science cabaret’ event was held at the Royal Institution on the evening of Tuesday 10 October. Playing host to the UK’s most fabulous women in STEM, ALD Live is an entertaining evening of geekery, comedy and music suitable for everyone over the age of 12.
Our speakers were:
- Dr Praminda Caleb-Solly – Associate Professor in Independent Living Systems in the Faculty of Environment and Technology at the University of the West of England
- Dr Brenna Hassett – Bioarchaeologist
- Yasmin Ali – chemical engineer
- Tricia Sullivan – Science fiction author
- Dr Eugenie Hunsicker – Senior Lecturer, Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University
- Miranda Lowe – Curator, Zoology, the Natural History Museum
- Professor Beate Kampmann – Professor of Paediatric Infection, Immunity and International Child Health at Imperial College London.
Peterborough STEM Festival
Peterborough STEM Festival was a celebration of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics inspired and supported by Ada Lovelace Day. It was a free, family-friendly event held in the centre of Peterborough on Sunday 1st October 2017. Find out more!
Dozens of events were held around the world, with at least one on each of the inhabited continents!
If you want to organise your own event this year, download our handy organisers’ pack for inspiration, advice and resources. You can also chat to other organisers about what they are doing on our community forum! You’ll soon also be able to add your event details to our map, and after the event can upload an video, photos, or other event materials to our Figshare media hub.