Ada Lovelace Day
Tuesday 11 October 2022
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to hold Ada Lovelace Day online again in 2022, with seven fabulous talks all hosted by the marvellous Helen Arney:
- The science of the human voice, Prof Sophie Scott
- Poo and power, Prof Priti Parikh
- How health tech is revolutionising patient care, Marcia Rankin-Smith
- Stay curious, Aphra Le Levier-Bennett
- Energy transition: Sink or Swim? Yasmin Ali
- Maths is for everyone! Susan Okereke
- A bit more history of the candle, Fran Scott
Every year, people around the world organise their own events and despite the pandemic, 2022 was no different. See all the events on our worldwide map!
Ada Lovelace Day Blog Extravaganza
We celebrated women in STEM and highlighted books and podcasts by and about women in STEM with an epic content marathon on our blog, which started at midnight on Kiritimati Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and ended a full 50 hours later at midnight on Baker Island and Howland Island, two uninhabited atolls which are actually further west than Kiritimati Island but which sit on the other side of the International Date Line.