You MUST register for an account and log in BEFORE adding your own events, or your data will be lost when you click ‘submit’. Logging in not only helps reduce spam, it will also allow you to edit your events later. When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.
- This event has passed.
RSC Edinburgh – Ada Lovelace Evening
9 October 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
In October to coincide with Ada Lovelace Day, we are hosting an evening informal discussion about careers for women in STEM. Hosted by Professor Colin Pulham, Head of School, we will hear some career snapshots from:
- Professor Lesley Yellowlees, former President of the Royal Society of Chemistry and previous Dean of College of Science and Engineering, University of Edinburgh;
- Dr Rachel Barrie, one of the few women ever to hold the title of Scotch whisky master blender;
- Prof Eva Hevia, Professor of Organometallic Chemistry, University of Strathclyde;
- Dr Jennifer Garden, Ramsay Memorial Fellow, School of Chemistry;
- Students from the Edinburgh University Women in STEM society.
The event is sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry and there will be wine and nibbles to accompany the discussions. There are a limited number of places, so if you book and subsequently cannot attend, please release your ticket.
If you have any questions about the Ada Lovelace Day events calendar, or have any other problems, please email us. Please note that you CANNOT add an event without registering for an account or logging in FIRST.
When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.