You MUST register for an account and log in BEFORE adding your own events, or your data will be lost when you click ‘submit’. Logging in not only helps reduce spam, it will also allow you to edit your events later. When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.
- This event has passed.
Ada Lovelace Day: A Celebration of Women in STEMM at UTS
23 October 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
The UTS Faculty of Science are celebrating Ada Lovelace Day (belatedly as the day actually falls on 9 Oct 2018) with a panel discussion, networking event with refreshments in collaboration with UTS Library and the Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion. Ada Lovelace was a 19th century English mathematician whose expertise and vision of computing’s possibilities, were unmatched by any of her peers. The celebration aims to increase the profile and intake of women into STEMM fields, research, subjects and vocations.
Be inspired by our guest speakers who will discuss their passions, defining moments and what drives their research. Featuring women in STEMM at UTS, opened by Dr Fiona Brooks, Associate Dean (Research) in the Faculty of Health, the event will be convened by Dr Willa Huston, Molecular Biologist and advocate for equity and diversity in STEMM.
- Dr Arti Agrawal is Associate Professor and Director, Women in Engineering and IT.
- Dr Eva Cheng is the Deputy Director of Women in Engineering and Information Technology, and Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical and Data Engineering.
- Theresa Dirndorfer Anderson is Associate Professor & Course Director of the Master of Data Science and Innovation in the UTS Faculty of Transdisciplinary Innovation.
- Dr Rosy Cavaliere is a microbiologist involved with the investigation and identification of biofilm formation, particularly on human explanted medical devices.
- Dr Arian Wallach is a Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Centre for Compassionate Conservation.
Ada Lovelace Day is an international celebration of the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering, maths & medicine (STEMM). Level 4, Room 4.k
If you have any questions about the Ada Lovelace Day events calendar, or have any other problems, please email us. Please note that you CANNOT add an event without registering for an account or logging in FIRST.
When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.