You MUST register for an account and log in BEFORE adding your own events, or your data will be lost when you click ‘submit’. Logging in not only helps reduce spam, it will also allow you to edit your events later. When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.
- This event has passed.
Girls Computer Science Talent Day
11 October 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Girls Computer Science Talent Day @ School of Computing, University of Leeds
Join the University of Leeds on Ada Lovelace Day for a fun and eye-opening programme!
This one day programme will provide young girls with an interest in STEM subjects with a unique opportunity to discover computer science, to think creatively, to play with ideas, concepts and tools, and to meet new people.
What’s on offer?
- A range of activities for young minds, aged 13-14 (year 9)
- Possibility to explore your own interests and those of others with an assigned mentor from the School of Computing
- Opportunities to engage with world class educators and researchers in computer science
- A stimulating, supportive and friendly environment
- Interactive lecture on Computer Science
- Demos and hands-on workshops, including puzzles, robots and artificial intelligence, medical applications and much more, led by university academics & researchers
- Coaching and pairing with computer science mentors
- Dinner and an exciting social programme to meet like-minded peers
When: 11 October, 2016, 2pm-9pm
Registration: By 28 Septemeber 2016
To book a place, please contact: Kerry Baker firstname.lastname@example.org Registration is free (including dinner), but places are limited.
If you have any questions about the Ada Lovelace Day events calendar, or have any other problems, please email us. Please note that you CANNOT add an event without registering for an account or logging in FIRST.
When you register for an account, we will also add you to our mailing list for event organisers (opens in new tab), so that we can keep you up to date with essential information about indie events.