This Podcast Will Kill You, Erin Welsh & Erin Allmann Updike
This podcast might not actually kill you, but it covers so many things that can. Each episode tackles a different disease, from its history, to its biology, and finally, how scared you need to be. Erin Welsh and Erin Allmann Updyke, who are both disease ecologists and epidemiologists, make infectious diseases acceptable fodder for dinner party conversation and provide the perfect cocktail recipe to match.
Recent episodes cover a variety of diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus: Short & sweet.
- Anthrax: The hardcore spore.
- Chagas disease: The reverse triple discovery.
- Dysentery loves a disaster.
- Hemophilia: A hemorrhagic disposition.
You can follow their work here: