Handmade, Anna Ploszajski
Handmade is a podcast which explores the personal connections we all have with the materials around us. Anna Ploszajski started Handmade four years ago when she realised that, although she is theoretically a materials expert, she didn’t actually know anything really about materials, like how to turn a pot on the wheel, or forge a steel bar or spin wool into yarn. This podcast features conversations with materials experts who do.
Handmade now has over 80 interviews with makers, craftspeople, artists and enthusiasts all with a love of handmaking with materials and looks at materials including synthetic diamond, leather, ceramics, clothing, musical instruments, wood, dyes and more.
Recent episodes feature interviews with:
- Steph Couturier on stained glass;
- Hester Hamilton, costume-maker and burlesque performer;
- Sophie Cotterill about her craft of weaving;
- artist and designer Frances Priest about her work with ceramics; and,
- Shannon Nicley on synthetic diamonds.
You can follow her work here: