Melissa is the co-founder and CEO of Canada Learning Code, launched in 2011 as Ladies Learning Code to champion digital literacy education, especially for women and young people. They have helped over 600,000 people across the country in 10,500 educational events, and received $8 million in funding from the Canadian government to provide more education in schools. Melissa is a judge of Inspiring Fifty Canada, and was a 2017 RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Social Change Award Winner.
You can follow her work here:
- Melissa Sariffodeen, Amandah Wood, Ways We Work
- The Kids Will Be Alright (video), TEDx Talks, 18 January 2017
- Inside Canada’s first coding truck, bringing digital literacy to communities across Ontario, Allyson Aritcheta, This Magazine, 20 November 2017
- Leading Ladies: How Melissa Sariffodeen of Ladies Learning Code is leveling the programming field for women, Women of Influence, 21 August 2018
- Melissa Sariffodeen: Blazing a digital literacy trail for girls and women, Nathaniel Neil Whelan, Ingenium, 21 May 2019